Representing Yourself in Court
You can but should you?
While you can defend yourself in court, it is not recommended. Defending yourself in court can be compared to giving yourself a root canal. Even if you have the technical skills to do the job properly, it still isn’t a good idea because you don’t have the proper perspective.
Many lawyers focus their practice entirely on defending impaired driving charges. These lawyers know the system inside and out. Unlike you, they have the skills and experience necessary to get you the best possible results and also the perspective necessary to assess your case objectively.
You might be shocked to learn how much time an impaired driving lawyer will spend preparing for your trial. A good defence requires hours of detailed preparation and in-depth legal research. You likely have neither the time nor the skills to do this preparation on your own.
In the Abbotsford area, Josh Krueger can get you the results that you can’t hope to get on your own. Call (778) 902-8179 today and take control of your life.
What does a skilled lawyer have to offer?
An experienced impaired driving lawyer has more to offer than just their valuable legal advice about your case. An impaired driving lawyer like Josh Krueger can do the following:
- Provide an objective assessment of your case.
- Identify the weaknesses in the prosecutor’s case.
- Identify and evaluate the evidence against you.
- Determine if there are any defences available to you.
- Determine if your rights were violated..
- Argue successfully to have evidence excluded
- Find relevant evidence and witnesses to support your case.
- Retain and prepare an expert witness.
- Prepare for and conduct a trial.
- Have the charges against you reduced or dismissed.
- Get you the most lenient sentence possible if you are found guilty or if you decide to plead guilty.
You don’t have the knowledge or experience to do all this for yourself, but luckily Josh Krueger does and is available to take your call today.